Saturday, December 18, 2010

In the bleak midwinter...

Two hours of snow this morning has put an end to this afternoon's carol service and two drinks parties this evening. I hate snow!
I'm playing the piano at a neighbour's carol party tomorrow evening, so in between practising "In The Bleak Midwinter" and "Winter Wonderland" in seven different keys (to accommodate people who can't sing high/low), I thought I'd have a little carol posting of my own.

7.45am. Snow had fallen ...

10.30am Snow on snow ...

11.30am Snow on snow... (especially on the bamboo)

7.45am. Oh Christmas tree ...

11am. Oh, Christmas tree?

When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even. The footsteps are not those of Good King Wenceslas, however, but my daughter, who took this picture from the back of the garden. Everything is so laden down with snow, you can hardly see the house.